Children’s sexual development is a topic that is often taboo and yet very present, as any parent can tell you. There is a natural curiosity that children have about the world, which includes curiosity about their bodies as well as other people’s bodies. Oftentimes, parents can feel at a loss of how to handle these curiosities and how to talk about it with their maturing child. This discomfort is natural. Our culture has a challenging time addressing this. No parent gets a manual!
If developmental needs aren’t acknowledged or addressed, this could put strain on the parent-child relationship as well as the well being of both the parent and the child(ren). Denise is available for parent consultations as well as child therapy to discuss how these and other topics can be addressed for you and your child.
- Appropriate vs. inappropriate touch
- Ages and Stages of childhood development
- How to talk to your child about sex and sexuality according to appropriateness
- Preparing children for the changes that accompany puberty
- Raising children in a creatively designed relationship or family
- Blended families and children
- Working in the sex industry and raising children
Denise has vast experience working with families and children providing parent and family therapy and consultation. She worked in Early Intervention doing assessments, evaluations and program supervision for children and their families in the Philadelphia inner city and suburbs. Denise no longer sees children in her practice but focuses on parent consultations.
Denise Renye, M.Ed, M.A., PsyD ~ Licensed Psychologist PsyD PSY28096